« Home | Blog Goals » 

Wednesday, November 23, 2005 

Brief Background About Myself

While sitting in a cubicle at my previous employer, after a lengthy proposal meeting I pitched to upper management, I was confronted by the CIO of our company. He praised me for the great work I did and asked me the question "Have you thought about college?" Of course I thought about college but I didn't think that I needed it, nor had the time for it. He then gave me some insight into the future of the company, the future of the industry and a basic college-like lecture on Methodology. His 2 minute shpeal inspired me to go to college and get my degree. That day I went back home and looked at colleges online, found one that seemed like a perfect match and that August I was back in the classroom. Whether or not he was implying that he thinks I need college, or was just encouraging me to go for my own benefit, I am not sure, but either way, I respect the man fully.

I am currently enrolled as a Management major, but I am deciding whether to switch to finance or management information systems. I also part-owner in a web design company that I started with an old friend of mine. Our company has been part of roughly 20 projects, with about 6 full time clients.

I tried day trading for a while and made some novice mistakes with penny stocks, so steered away from that for a little while. I would like to become involved with real estate at some point and have a few ideas for emerging real estate markets. I would say I am an expert in computer and internet skills. I know several programming languages such as MySQL, PhP and Visual Basic, although I do not plan on becoming a computer programmer, its moreso something I picked up along the way.

When my time comes I would like to be remembered as honest, generous and wise. Meanwhile I would like to accomplish great things to shape this world and the lives of the people I love.